Why Metal Roofing is The Best Choice For Modern Homes
Modern homes often look for metal roofing material, as it is long-lasting and can maintain its durability without any damage. There are various metals used in metal roofing material such as galvanized steel or aluminum. Apart from metal roofs, metal sheets can also be used to cover the roof area of your home. Metal roofing provides many advantages that you cannot find in traditional materials like shingles, metal tiles, etc. It protects your house against tropical climates and rainwater seepage. At Metal Roofing Solutions, we supply contractors and customers across Canada with high-end metal roofing material and installations. In this article, we share some information about why metal roofing is the best choice for modern homes.
Should I choose metal roofing for my modern home?
- A metal roof acts as a shield against harsh climatic conditions. In summer, it can reduce the temperature inside your home and in winter, it works as an insulator.
- Metal roofing is designed to prevent rainwater from seeping into your home. It prevents dampness and mold formation on walls which is common when water enters the house through leaky roofs.
- At less than 40 pounds per square foot of material, metal roofing weighs a lot less compared to other materials like cedar shingles or clay tiles which weigh 60-80 pounds per square foot. This makes metal roofs easier to install by professional contractors and DIY enthusiasts alike if they have proper knowledge of working with them.
- Metal roofs do not rot or get damaged by insects and termites. If you live in a place with high winds, it would be ideal for you to go for mesh panels instead of heavy sheets which increases the wind load on the roof.
- There are different types of metal roofing materials suitable for homes that range widely in terms of cost and design features suited to the homeowner’s taste. You can choose one that goes well with your home’s architecture and interior décor. Some common options include barrel tiles, corrugated metal panels, standing seam, stainless steel sheets, etc.
In order to get metal roofing for your modern home, it is best to work with an experienced contractor or supplier. You can browse through our Metal Roofing Solutions website to learn more about metal roofing material for modern homes.